Mornings at Bigg's.


Wafi's favorite country breakfast
Bigg's is always special to all the Bicolanos,  apart from the fact that it's our homegrown restaurant known for its good food, we have our own special moments and memories at Bigg's. For 30 years or so, Bigg's has been the witness of some moments of our lives.

Well this chair has been very convenient to my 3-month old baby. Did you know that her first visit at one week old was at Bigg's? :)
Still sleeping. Waiting for our order.
We made friends at Bigg's, lose them along the way, then make new ones. We celebrate our triumphs and despair.  We laughed when we're at our happiest, and cried at our lowest. We celebrate love but ate that chocolate cake when we're broken-hearted.
That's Wafi and her I Love You sign. :D

Time for a heavy breakfast.

Gaby enjoying her tapsilog
Baby Mikee at 3-months.
It happened in one corner of Bigg's. Every chair, every table and every waiting number have stories to tell. It's been our refuge at night - when our tummies are growling in hunger, it's open to serve us.




Well, I've got lots of personal stories to tell about Bigg's. But right now, I think one of the best breakfast I had was at Bigg's with my three girls. It was right then I realized that 30 years happened so fast - and these girls would grow up too fast and I wouldn't notice.

Tapsilog. An all time family favorite.
These girls would be all grown up few years from now and they would always remember our mornings at Bigg's. :D 




By that time  time, after 20 years or so, I would be having breakfast at Bigg's with my three girls, all grown up, have careers of their own. And their dad and I would just sit quietly in one corner, reading the morning paper and watching them as they talk to each other and remembering how smart and little they were as they sat in one of the tables at Bigg's. And they would probably ask me, Mom, remember when we have a breakfast here when we were this small?

and I would just smile and remember the mornings we had at Bigg's.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisoned with Love | Poison Cauldron Library Cafe in Daraga, Albay

The Raya School Naga's Pagtatapos 2016

Learning to breathe again