Stories while waiting

More or less I'm already on my 36th week of pregnancy. As expected, I am getting exhausted with everything. This includes a short trip to a convenience store or to the bank. But these days, I am a slave in the kitchen. As soon as our househelp and I were able to clear the kitchen with all the trash in the house - junks like electric wires, unused clothes, old old books, ice box, kitchen utensils, pots and pans and all sorts of garbage you cannot imagine accumulated by my parents (my mom is a pack rat as so some of us, admittedly. We thought that one day, we can recycle all these when we will have the time - but I guess that time would be impossible. So I have to decide to stash them away. Some of the things we discarded were salvaged by our neighbor's house help and some by our helper. I think nothing was actually wasted - and the junk kept in this house for several years really meant to garbage. Some of it though are still waiting for the magbobote and junkman for us to sell it for a few peso.

The kitchen now can breathe.The junk smell and even the rat smell are gone. Our helper was very proud to say that indeed it was amazing that we were able to clean and throw away everything in half a day. I mean, she can also do it, but she always need supervision. Even in cooking, or buying something, she needs to be told what exactly she has to buy. She's not that efficient when it comes to these but she's very efficient and lovable to my kids and that is more important to me, that's why she's been with me for over five years. I am patient enough to understand her when she doesn't go to work at here own whim. I have to put up with her because she's also putting up with us. It's a give and take relationship when you want a househelp to stay longer.

 Now,she's on her own declared two- week sick leave. My husband said it's hard when your helper is a CEO. I did not appear that it seem the world has crumbled upon us because the entire family might be in panic without her thinking I'm very pregnant at this time and can only do so much. I just stayed calm and told the girls that they got to help me out for two weeks. I can still cook (well,provided that I do not use any of the glass cookware because of the recent explosion of the Anchor hocking cookware last Sunday).

One thing that I cannot really do at this stage is do the laundry. But I assured my husband that all he needs to do is to pack all our laundry three kilos at a time and bring it to the laundry shop and pay and our problem is already solve. Gaby can wash her own school uniform along with her underwear and socks.  Wafi's uniform, I can hand wash it.

We do not iron our clothes except if it's linen or the crease is unforgivably obvious. I have this hand held steam iron which I bought a year ago and it's easy for me to iron Gaby's uniform. That is another problem solved.

Hubby's hands are busy most of the time, he works odd hours and sleep while the entire world is already stirring. In short, nobody's going to go to the Naga City supermarket. That's my favorite place to buy all our food, especially fruits and vegetables,and fresh fish,among others. Meat and other supplies we can always buy at the grocery. So, if there's no one going to the market, then our budget will hurt a little because we have to buy some of the fruits and veggies at the grocery which cost way expensive compared to the supermarket price.

Going back to the kitchen story, now that the kitchen is free of all the junk, even Gaby is inspired to try her hands in cooking. I never get tired of cooking, when there's a new recipe I'm interested to cook, then I go for it. Cooking is one of my favorite outlets, other than photography and writing.

Gaby and I watched on youtube on how to cook Filipino version of Paella. Within this week, we will both cook it, of course, Wafi has to help. Well, provided that we're not going to use any glass cookware (as hubby said, he does not want another explosion in the kitchen)  and of course, I have to take care of the baby inside my womb. She's due to see the world anytime, and she wants it in a natural delivery and not because of shock.

Well, I am currently 54 kilos. I used to weigh 47 kilos when not pregnant. I gained 7 kilos not too bad. The baby is a little smaller than my other children but I think with my age, it's just right. According to the old folks, I have to make the baby bigger outside and not inside the womb.

I am for a two months or so a stay at home mom. I chose not too go out too much because I already feel uncomfortable walking and I get tire easily - not to  mention that I feel irritable too. Staying away from people would do them good.hahaha. They don't want an irritable pregnant women to get mad at you right? :D 

These are things I realized when I spend most of my days at home.

1. Cost-effective. I do not stay in the coffee shop anymore to wait for someone, a cup of coffee and a slice of cake is how much? I sometimes do transactions on line. Others have to wait until I finally give birth. I do not eat at restaurants anymore. When craving, I ask someone in the house for a take out, but I do not bother to go to restaurants anymore, especially, alone. I do not like the idea giving birth anywhere. I saw on TV, women giving birth in MRT or at the lobby of a government office. I cannot imagine myself giving birth inside the mall or in the supermarket.

2.Reflective. I become more reflective. I was able to think things over and thank God for all the blessings I have no matter how small it is. I was able to appreciate waking up at 3am and say a prayer, drink milo and be patient enough to wait for sleep to visit me again.

3. Good Girls. I have observed how my girls behaved at home - and how I did not realize before how good they are compared to other kids. When I am too busy, I just give them a kiss and a hug and when I go home, we just catch up with school stories and all. But now, I observed how they follow my instructions without tantrums, I appreciate how they offer a hand when I can't get up right away because my stomach is already way too heavy.

4. Pray. Honestly, I seldom go to church nowadays, except when I go out and have a short walk to the convenience store or a quick breakfast with the girls at mcdonald's, then I drop by at the church and say a prayer or two. I pray all the time when at home.What I am so happy about is that my girls are joining me in my nightly novena for St. Therese. It's already a habit for them. The first time, they got bored and think it's way too long to say the novena. But now, on our 12th day, they are even reminding me that it's novena time. I feel like a good mother these days. I feel so fulfilled that my husband and I raised these two girls very well.

5. Read. I become addicted to reading Danielle Steel's ebooks. For two weeks, I finished reading a lot of chick literature by this author. But on the third week, I have to give up my addiction to reading because of severe migraine. I've been abusing my eyes so I need to stop. But I still read blogs and surf the internet once in a while.

6. Cook. I have the time to cook, when I'm not too tired. When I'm inspired to cook, and I don't feel so lethargic then the family has their usual cookfest from their mommy. When I started cooking lunch, then everything will follow - I just can't stop cooking. The unavoidable magic of the pots and pans and my mind's creativity on experimenting new dishes I found on my favorite cooking website make me busy in the kitchen the entire day. Too bad, that there's no flour or any baking ingredients anymore. Someone has to buy me my baking ingredients from my favorite Chinese store in downtown area.

7. Hubby. I know that I am very unappreciative of him for quite sometime. But during the course of my pregnancy, I've seen and felt how he takes care of me - from buying my food cravings, to my whim of eating in a fastfood chain at 2am, to making myself more comfortable (he started cleaning the room and making sure that all the dusty things should be out of the bedroom because he knows I'm allergic to these).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisoned with Love | Poison Cauldron Library Cafe in Daraga, Albay

The Raya School Naga's Pagtatapos 2016

Learning to breathe again