September 09 | Yes na Yes, The Grand Finals!

AataswithAfter a series of weeks and months of auditions for the duwang camarines singing and dance contests - this is the day! The finals night! the night of all nights! The 40k pesos is really worth fighting for.
Before I give you all what happened during the grand finals.Let me give you an idea on how we did the auditions and the scouting of talents.

1. Our team went around and coordinated with the municipalities all over Camarines Sur. That meant from
with my good friend Irvz Noleal - he's also the floor director of the show. :) He kept me out of trouble from any air gap mishaps!  n
the first district to the fifth district. It was like a travel challenge on how to fit every municipality in one day. The driver statregized all the locations and I followed his plan because well, he;s the driver and you better be friendly with the driver otherwise,you'll end up fighting over which are to go - not only that your life is always at stake when you're at war with the driver. I am always driver-friendly. :)


2. Most of the Mayors, assistants and VIP, those persons who you needed to talk to badly are most of the time, out of the office, so I get all the numbers of the person who is in the municipal hall. It takes a lot of PR to get their number - but if you are nice, it's as easy as a walk in the park.





3. Auditions in this kind of event is different because of political reasons. Some people are affiliated with this politician, so they prefer not to audition
.4

. All dancers are stubborn, head strong, hard headed.. etc.. etc.. so I came prepared with all their questions and comments. 5. After the auditions, it would be hard to coordinate with them. Some change their mobile numbers, some just disappeared.  6. I am always polite and obey whatever the old ladies were trying to suggest and tell me. Whatever they want, I just follow. Mom told me, just follow whatever old people say, they will just change their minds along the way. 7. So when everything has been settled. The district eliminations began. I was not there during the first elimination in Baao. I was in Bacacay for a beauty contest shoot, and prior to that I was in iriga for the PGT Auditions. It was one hell of a week for me. I was already starting to get nauseated and sick but I went on. Work is always good.  8. After several district eliminations, we planned out the grand finals night. so here's what happened during the grand finals:
THERE IS NO PERFECT EVENT EVER - Disaster number 1 : There;s a stage within a stage. The City Government had requested the sound system guys to put back the stage, all with stairs and two covered areas for the backstage right and left which makes the stage smaller - which means that I will receive again complaints after complaints after complaints from the dance groups. We tried to take it off but it was sturdy and it will cost me another 5k. To make the story short, the stage within the stage remained. I said let's just make do with whatever we can do about that stage within the stage. So, I asked my assistants to put balloons, and yellow cloth to hide those ugly piece of bad lumber, and surprisingly, I got a tap on my back, everyone loved the stage within the stage. I always lovwith wwwwwwwwe it when I can pull off things like this. It's like you buy an ice cream, and then later on, you realized it;s not the flavor you wanted, so you just throw in some marshmallows and chocolates and voila, you feel happy already with your ice cream. DISASTER NUMBER 2 : What are you going to do with teachers and coaches complaining that they reserved the venue first? That they were supposed to use the venue from 2pm until midnight. which means what are we doing on stage? move out! the space is theirs! they are vicious and violent and pesky. I asked them to show their permit- they said they have reserved the place. We payed for our permit and we have a copy.
At the PARK RESTAURANT with the Production team for the YES FACTOR SINGING AND DANCE CONTESTS. we had Doc Mike and his friend joining us. 
My two realiable friendsJo and Bubbles, they keep me sane because of my crazy schedule. 
DISASTER NUMBER 3 : Because of the unprecedented turn out of events, the teachers and students who were begging to continue their practice ( forgetting their ill-manners to our production team for the benefit of the term peace on earth ) - I permitted them to practice until 5pm - and that only meant that it sacrificed the production number I was thinking about. But you know what, I just got lucky, and thanks to the contestants' talent in dancing plus a little wit and a little shouting, I had to appear kinda scary you know. Miranda Priestly on the loose - hahaha.. we were able to pull it off. While PAula was singing Jennifer Lopez's Papi, I called one by one the dance groups, and asked them to dance impromptu one after the other - and guess what again, it turned out that it was all rehearsed. God was with me that time.

DISASTER NUMBER 4 - it literally rained on my parade. And it was pouring elephants and dinosaurs that night. Amazingly, I got hold of our crowd. They stick with us the entire show. I rented another tent for the crowd.
Goa Gig -  the Goa Sports Center was jam-packed. :) 

Those were the disasters, some are just so trivial, that I can just pull it off.   I was shouting the entire night. Holding on to my faith and keeping myself cool. We pulled it off.

We had a light dinner after that. And that closed my duwang camarines event which ran the entire summer until September. :) It was memorable. 







































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisoned with Love | Poison Cauldron Library Cafe in Daraga, Albay

The Raya School Naga's Pagtatapos 2016

Learning to breathe again