My "Selfie" Saturday at Balay Cena Una


It's a hot sunny afternoon, and i found my vintage refuge.
There's one off the beaten path restaurant located in Daraga, Albay – it's called Balay Cena Una ( sounds like sinauna,like sinaunang panahon).

I was in Legazpi for a series of meetings,after my heavy lunch in Four Seasons Restaurant, an old Chinese restaurant located in the heart of the City, I decided to explore Daraga, albay. I rode a jeep from Legazpi city, fare is 12.00.

Balay Cena Una's best-seller dessert Chocolate Cake! :)@P87.00 onl
There, I find Balay Cena Una, an ancestral house turned into a cozy restaurant. It's in the street where you can find row of old houses too. It's easy to find your way there. If you're riding a jeep, just go down at Bigg's Diner in Daraga, the street adjacent to the restaurant is the road going to Balay Cena Una.


I'm so lucky, i have the place all to myself. :) No noisy crowd, no kids running around, no loud music - it was just me, my cake and my book. :)this is the ground floor of the restaurant. Usually they have big family dining here. :)

That's the street sign you shouldn't miss, F. Lotivo Street :)

Another photo of the cake - before I finally devour it. :) It's rich, decadent, sinful, with cherry and mango on top!

I went here around 2:00pm, no diners around. Usually the place is jam packed during lunch and dinner time. 

Old photos on the wall
I just love old houses...

book and cake, perfect combination
The moment I entered the restaurant, it was like I was transported into some place old but familiar. I love old houses, I love anything vintage. Mom, when she was alive, always tells me that I am an old soul – that's why I love vintage things. I feel at home in old houses. I feel there's this one time that I was there in that old house. Probably, I was  a popular figure that time? lol/ 

I am still stuffed with my heavy lunch at four season's restaurant. So, I just ordered Balay Cena Una's chocolate cake. It's dark, it's moist, it looks sinful – not too sweet, but it's decadent. Because all the customers left for lunch. I had all the second floor to myself. And then somehow, the place seems so familiar with feelings of finding a lost love, reuniting with a love one, breaking up, falling in-love , but those are just snippets of images that ran through my mind while waiting for my cake.

My book, the cake, the silence, and the shadows of past which echoes from the walls are all perfect to make my Saturday afternoon memorable.


ANOTHER VISIT AT BALAY CENA UNA WITH MY HUBBY

April 2013



I am 4-months pregnant here but I just have to visit my favorite restaurant.

My ever-favorite paco or wild fern salad, around P45.00 per serving.

Tinutungan chicken. I even brought that beautiful carrot back home so my girls can see how beautiful it is.

My hubby gave me a two-thumbs up for bringing him here. It's sort of my post-birthday celebration. I'm thinking of going back with him again on our 16th year wedding anniversary this March 2014.

The preggy enjoying the paco salad


My hubby ordered for Tanigue :D


For more details, please check the facebook account of Balay Cena Una at https://www.facebook.com/cenauna?fref=ts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisoned with Love | Poison Cauldron Library Cafe in Daraga, Albay

The Raya School Naga's Pagtatapos 2016

Learning to breathe again