Back to Back, Bacacay and Sorsogon

Out  of the blue, to Sorsogon

Off to Sorsogon City we went after our 2 day stay in Bacacay. It was a whirlwind trip, one of my most capricious, out of the blue, spur of the moment trips. Actually, I just wanted to extend our little work-cum-vacay with my husband because he hasn't been travelling with  me, except during our TV show's shoots. Finally, I found a good way, an escape, an alibi and an excuse to actually prod him whenever I go. Although, the earthquake a night before made me think otherwise about the trip - because we were worried about the girls, but I think, there will be no other time that Fer will get to visit one of his favorite Auntie and Uncle in Sorsogon. The last time, he's been in the place was during our honeymoon - and that was a decade ago.

I am so glad that when we finally reached the place, we just hang out together, take some photos, stroll at the baywalk in Sorsogon, devoured some street food ( which we haven;t done in so many years now. ) and we just talked and talked, and walked and walked.

Of course, we enjoyed the homecooked meals of the Mateos and their warm accommodation. I always feel welcome here when I visit their ancestral home. I like everything in that house - everything;s old and I love it. I remember why I also love to go to Bangkal because of the antique things sold there. Anyway, our big thanks to Mateo family, especially to Uncle Ben ( who at the age of 70+), he;s still able to play the piano perfectly. Auntie Belen who joined us while we're belting out in one of the surreptitiously hidden videoke bars in town.  I was wondering how she were able to discover that videoke bar. You have to pass by a long and dark alley before you get to the bar, where surprisingly, there's a lot of people singing their hearts out.

It was a night to remember, getting drunk with pineapple juice. I miss margarita - but those kind of bars don;t offer ladies drink except for well pineapple juice.




 Bacacay Life







We ended up the month of August finishing the project in Bacacay in Albay. Fer and I went back to for the intro video of Ms. Karagumoy and finishing extra camera works for the tourism video. I was lucky enough to sit as one of the board of judges for the Ms. Karagumoy. The experience of living a rural life was definitely a break for me and Fer who had been a city mouse for all our lives. We appreciate projects like this. No big income, but along the way, we get some good networks, meet new friends and learn more about videography. And of course, romance is in th air! Woody was totally smitten with candidate number 4. hahaha. :) So, the project does not only produce the tourism video but a wonderful romance which now I guess is brewin' good. :)  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisoned with Love | Poison Cauldron Library Cafe in Daraga, Albay

The Raya School Naga's Pagtatapos 2016

Learning to breathe again