Halo-Halo, The Tigaon Way...

shaving ice the old fashioned way
TIgaon Public Market

One time, the searing heat of summer is just intolerable. After a days work in Partido area, the disc jockey over the radio was recommending a good stop over for a halo-halo - so, the driver and I got an idea of where to get a good glass of halo-halo in the area.

The small restaurant, about 20 square meters, is being owned and managed by a mother and son team. When we got there, Marcuz, the son, who is a nurse, is shaving ice the old fashion-way. And his mom was busy preparing the halo-halo orders in the kitchen

I feel a tinge of envy, when both of them are making their way into the kitchen. How I miss my mom when I see this scene.

HALO 2X AVAILABLE ELSEWHERE...BUT WE SERVE THE BEST HERE...
They don't have any marketing background I suppose,but hey, I love their tagline. Halo-Halo available elsewhere, but we serve the best here. No flyers, No big billboards, No radio or TV ads, but the word of the mouth is so strong in this area- that you don't need to spend thousands of bucks just to get promoted.

And indeed, with all the halo-halo ingredients in my glass, grated cheese on top, and a chocolate wafer stick on top of  my halo-halo, a brief chat with the mom-son kitchen team, and a seven peso siopao we bought at the corner, then I guess, the halo-halo is really the best here because of the people who shaved the ice the old-fashioned way, and the mom who supported her son to get in the business.

In the end, sometimes, great food tastes really good when you're with great people. :)
the little resto in Tigaon, Cam Sur

Mom and son busy in the kitchen


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisoned with Love | Poison Cauldron Library Cafe in Daraga, Albay

The Raya School Naga's Pagtatapos 2016

Learning to breathe again