After the Slammin'





With my favorite author, Mr. Ricky Lee and Goddess of Bicol Poetry, Issa
with my BFF, Ronel ( our first meeting )
 Last February 21, I was able to interview Ricky Lee, one of my favorite Filipino writers. He was here to give lecture on script writing.  Through Jason's help, I was able to contact his personal assistant so I could interview him. He's the most accommodating writer and interviewee I've ever met. It was an inspiring and enlightening interview. I think we don't need to edit his interview anymore.

 One of the best things that happened after that interview, was that it rekindled my love for poetry. For quite sometime now, I was just writing scripts, coordinating events and juggling my hands with work, being a mom, being a wife, and I forgot that I used to love attending poetry readings and even organized one before.

I was able to get in touch with the usual guys again. The same writers who keep the flame of poetry burning. I was able to meet Ronel, now, one of my best-friends. Kevin and DM, and Stephen. Nice guys who know how to have clean fun.

I lost friends along the way. But it's part of life, you win some, you lose some. At least, before they can do any harm to us, we were able to get rid of them.

Stephen :) at home, my big bear :)
So, it became a habit, that after the Bikol slam, the GTG ( Green Tea Gang ) hangs out here in my home, to enjoy either several bottles of beer, green tea, banaba tea, tacos, cookies ( when I bake ).

My hubby's always teasing me that I already have a gang. "nababarkada ka na!".
The green Tea gang 
I find these guys really nice so I hang out with them often, sometimes,  I just listen to their discourse, it's living life when you;re with them. So, after the slammin', after Ronel went home to Canada, and I busy with my own life and work, and other busy with their respective lives. We still get in touch through facebook and texting. I kinda miss them, barging in my house, every after poetry reading though. I wish one of these days, we can get together again, and catch up with our lives. :)

I will post here the poem of Ronel, my favorite .

-->
this is a letter from a high-school hobo
to a riot-gear ballerina

stargazer;

two birds flying at night crash into each other
and as they spin falling in a cloud of feathers and starlight
they are reminded of a time before they learned how to fly

will we fold into each others secrets?
will we fit each each other like a spoon?

take my hand and chase stars with me
we'll catch them if they fall
and bury them in the backyard of our childhood dreams
so we can always find our way back there

chase the shoreline
fly with a flock of airplanes
write our initials on the moon
leave our footprints in the clouds

swim with me through an ocean of bedsheets and sunday mornings
DM, feeling comfortable in our home.
My very rare performance at Sosimo Bar :) hahahahha
the warmest place in the world is next to you
won't you let me sip coconuts in your arms

plant my name behind your tongue
that it may bloom in a garden of your smiles

we'll find a beach to name after our children
and serenade the ocean as it refuses to stop kissing the shore
we'll use toothbrushes as tuning forks

fake a limp and ride the elevator to the highest floor
and dance with me above the skyline

if you sing me a lullaby of forgiveness
i will keep you from all our broken promises
we can finger paint sunrises on each others skin

and finally
be an orphan with me
that we can name each other the way we name the stars
as if the constellations held the promise
we could find our way home.






Jason


My favorite couple, Lolo Andy and Mommy Ning
My hubby

Ronel aka Loki 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisoned with Love | Poison Cauldron Library Cafe in Daraga, Albay

The Raya School Naga's Pagtatapos 2016

Learning to breathe again