Love Food. Love Life

I usually fail to watch my diet whenever I'm away from home. There are food that I just can't resist - because for the following reasons:
1. I love food. I love food. I love food.
Ongpin in Manila is the best place to explore how far your appetite would go.



2. Food makes bonding easily. First, you can talk about the food, how it tastes, how it was cooked, where it originated, where to find the best food, then you can shift topic to whatever you want. You just have to start with the food you both eat. If you're having a squabble with your loved one, sometimes, sharing food helps, sometimes not. There's a restaurant in Naga, that my husband and I ate for the first time and for the last time. According to him, he chose that restaurant where we can talk, but at the back of his mind, he doesn't have any plans of going back. We fought there bad - over a big cheeseburger and two glasses of coke. It was a heartbreaking night, food wasn't appreciated that time. For several weeks, I hated cheeseburger. I didn't have any craving for cheeseburger, which unfortunately, is my comfort food. I think he chose that restaurant that specializes in burgers because he's not a burger fanatic. He can live without eating any of that fatty burger.
3. But back to bonding, yes, for my best-friend, Beks, who cooks great meals, food makes us bond. Over an array of food served on the table, either at her own home or in the restaurant, we can spill all our sorrows, our pains, good memories and bad ones, dreams and everyday stories. Beks is always a good food companion.
Hap-Chan's Chicken Fillet with mushroom :)
Hap-Chan's Clams with tofu. Healthy and I don't know but it tastes clean. Like, it's going to clean your palate when you have this hot soup. The tofu is really really good, not soggy, just right! 
4. Food for my boss brings back memories. Every dish that we order, there's a story that brings back happy memories. A simple suman brings back happy childhood memories spent in the province. Everytime, we're in Manila, he's never afraid to try new food, and so, my diet, whenever I'm with him is entirely affected. And he always tell me - it's not everyday that we pig out like this, so eat. So, there you go ladies and gentlemen, my bulges.



Hap-Chan's Eggplant dish. The eggplant is cooked just right. This is one dish that surprised us, because it really tastes good.

Hap-Chan's Hakaw (there's a shrimp inside,wrapped delicately with rice paper)
Well, ladies and gentlemen, the Food Goddess. m

Krispy Kreme's Cappuccino and Chocolate cream-filled doughnut- one of my fave indulgenc

Rendevouz's hot chocolate. The cup says coffee but it's hot choco actually. The coffee is served in real cup and sau

While waiting for Beks in Gateway Mall,I tried Auntie Anne's Pretzels and Lemonade again. I Haven't tried it for the longest time. But I was dismayed that the pretzels isn't that soft anymore, it's kinda chewy, then cinnamon and sugar is too much. There are dips which you can buy for 15.00 . It's good with a dip, but I think they still have to do something about their pretz

O
One of the influences of my boss is bacon and eggs and wheat bread toast. It's good breakfast anyway- I prefer this, though fatty, that Mcdonald's breakfast meals. :) 
5. Food for my mom, means to entice us back to her dining table. I noticed when we're all grown up. We all have our own lives to live, we go separate ways...Mom would always cook our favorite dishes, and text or call us that there's Tapioca in the fridge, that there's our favorite Vegetarian Kalderata, macaroni salad, spaghetti, etc..etc.. and we would all show up in her house - and I could see the delight in her eyes, whenever we're all eating together. I am not used of eating with my hands, and she would always do it for me, peeling the pili skin so I could eat the pili meat, shrimps and crabs and fish. I always miss Mom whenever I eat on our dining table.

So, food is like that, it's bonding for friends, spoiling for a boss, sentimental for me.  :) I will never get tired of trying new food and discovering the happiness or sadness that food will teach me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisoned with Love | Poison Cauldron Library Cafe in Daraga, Albay

The Raya School Naga's Pagtatapos 2016

Learning to breathe again