The Junior Master Chef | An Amazing Cook

my favorite, pan-seared tuna :)

preparing our lunch 



the family that cooks together - stays together :)
 We were invited by the Mabulo family today.   So, with Lolo Andy driving, Mommy Ning and hubby  - off we went to their home outside of Naga City.

Along the way, Mommy Ning was reading the instructions texted to her by Mam Michelle on how to get to their house. We decided to pull over and asked a guy who before even Mommy Ning finished her question, the guy was already pointing us to go ahead ( He's insane ) How stupid of us not to  recognize an insane person. Anyway, the next guy we asked, even asked us that actually he's going our way so he asked for a lift.  That was a funny way to find Louise's home.  :)

The family welcomed us with something already prepared in the kitchen. We were there to check the location for our future project with Louise. So, anyway, the family's warm welcome was spelled with a nameless appetizer waiting for us to devour at the kitchen table. It got slices of  red tomatoes, some basil, and some alaminos sausages. We slapped it up on  baguette and the appetizer really just kicked off our world to the little Miss' wonders in Kitchen. This nameless appetizer, I kinda named it Kick-off - because it's a kick-off to everything your palate will desire to taste - right in their home - and the kitchen is the heart of the house. :) 









lWhile we're getting familiar with the family and their home. Louise got some peppered Tuna from the fridge and prepared to cook the pan seared tuna with butter sauce. Pan-seared tuna is cooked on the outside and raw in the middle. It reminded me of my favorite Sashimi in Escapade REstaurant in Brunei Darussalam. Their Sashimi there was heavenly. I wonder when I can visit my best-friend in Brunei again.

Ok, going back to my story, so Ms. Michelle started to give us chopsticks for the pan-seared tuna which was oh so yummy. I told Louise that the secret of it is in the sauce I guess and she agreed. I am not a good cook but I always love cooking ( although my mood dictates me when to cook - sadly though, I am not consistent in my love for cooking :(  ).
that's a mouthful

We sat on the dining table and continued our conversation from Louise's kitchen  - which according to her Mom is still under construction. Their kitchen plan is awesome. I will not divulge it here because others might copy it.hahaha.. :)

Louise's special kare-kare is really peanut buttery delicious - with meat so tender because of slow cooking - It actually didn;t need any bagoong - It's health! Bagoong-less actually. good for people who are so frantic about their uric acid.

While eating, our conversations went from Louise's TV experience, fame, urban and rural life, a dash of politics, and spoonfuls of laughter. It actually felt good that our laughter actually reverberates in the entire dining area. :) When was the last time I had a conversation like this? I suddenly miss my old folks.

Lolo Andy ( one of the best guys I know )
My ever favorite of all was the bread and butter pudding. I finished one and a half serving. It's smooth and the inside, the surprise Sir Perry was talking about - was really a super pleasant surprise to my gastronomic soul... the raisins and the chocolate syrup ( or whatever it was - I thought at first it was blueberry ! ) was melting in my mouth - like, I won't stop eating until I am fully bloated. It was really oh so good. And you know me, i love sweets - This pudding is really a winner!

the proof of the pudding is...we'll judge it soon.. :)
From the small door - we were brought to a small well kept farm which has my favorite farm animals. My childhood were spent in small farm like this in a small barangay in Mabolo, Naga City. We had pigs, chickens, ducks, goats, even rabbits, birds, hamsters...we even had around 20+ dogs that time. It was a beautiful childhood in that house. It was burned a few years back - and every time I see the empty lot - I  somehow think, my childhood memories went with the ashes too - somehow I felt empty.
laughter is the best thing to happen in this dining table.

The ultimate dessert - bread and butter pudding. Brits favorite, now I confirmed today that I was British in my previous life. Hahahha
Louise is so lucky. She got the best of both worlds. She's already a celebrity - fame and all. However, she gets to enjoy the best of both worlds. Her family and her new career ;  Her urban and her rural life ( From sipping frappe in Starbucks to feeding the pigs with Camote ) - her parents brought her up well - it shows.

This is one of my favorite lunches of a lifetime. I'm hoping next time, we'll be able to taste that roast pork and another serving please of that bread and butter pudding, please. Because, as always, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. ;) - and for the record, I can;t get enough of that pudding. so bring it on!!! :)





the nameless appetizer..more like a salsa.. :) partnered with baguette..yummy 





another serving please!







The most memorable in this dining table is the laughter :)Oh I said it twice! :) hahahhaa

nice stones huh? it's blue.. sort of a lime stone.
Ms. Michelle, a super gracious host :) - she;s a good story-teller.
The trophy :)! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisoned with Love | Poison Cauldron Library Cafe in Daraga, Albay

The Raya School Naga's Pagtatapos 2016

Learning to breathe again